What is NEO?
NEO is a powerful, easy-to-use, online building energy modeling tool that facilitates building-wide analysis of HVAC systems and/or energy conservation measures for new and existing buildings and supports that analysis from early design through construction.
Who can benefit from using NEO?
NEO is designed for those who need accurate, validated energy models, available in real time, regardless of their technical expertise in energy modeling.
Who is using NEO today?
Utility companies, engineers, architects, building owners, contractors and equipment manufacturers.
What types of buildings does NEO model?
Commercial buildings, including multifamily and mixed-used. Quickly customize models for your specific building, beginning with vetted industry standard inputs for 45 commercial building types.
Does NEO require buildings to be in a specific location?
No, NEO can model building across the United States and Canada. NEO can model buildings in many international locations dependent on location of the nearest weather file, however these locations may require more manual input with regard to utility rates.
Where does NEO get its assumptions?
NEO uses industry standard assumptions derived from ASHRAE 90.1, 62.1, FGI Healthcare guidelines, and COMNET. Key assumptions can be adjusted by the user to further reflect the building.
What energy codes are available in NEO?
ASHRAE 90.1-2004, 2007, 2010, 2013 are currently available. IECC 2018 and ASHRAE 90.1-2016 will be available in 2019.
Do I have to download NEO?
No, NEO is a web-based application and is accessible through most Internet browsers.
What software/server is needed to access NEO?
NEO is compatible with most Internet browsers and devices, including IE, Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox. Customers do not need to have iOS or Android software to access NEO.
What devices can support NEO?
The touch-friendly design allows NEO to be used on computers and tablets with screen sizes as small as 7.8” x 5.3”.
What specific features does NEO offer?
- Design comparison to the baseline of an energy code or existing building conditions
- Model all commonly available commercial building types, including multifamily and mixed-use
- Compare multiple HVAC system options, including VRFs, without the expense or time of developing multiple designs
- Full life-cycle cost analysis comparisons
- The DOE-2 simulation engine, developed by the Department of Energy, performs hour-by-hour analysis of building energy usage accounting for the physical parameters, operation, and local weather
- An optimal path to energy goals via usage, cost savings, and/or life-cycle cost analysis
How is NEO different from its competitors?
- NEO provides validated results, in real-time, for hundreds of proven energy efficiency options for a wide variety of building types, including mixed-use
- NEO includes many default costs and parameters for both life-cycle cost and simple payback analyses; most defaults may be overwritten by the user based on his/her knowledge
- NEO provides results in approximately 20 minutes with an intuitive user interface
- NEO allows the user to quickly models options and determine the best option to achieve goals, whether energy cost savings, energy use, or return on investment